Pros will be judged based on Kansas City Barbecue Society rules. Download the PDF below to read what those rules are:
KCBS 2017 Rules and Regulations.pdf (456.2 KB)
- Contestants to cook up to Four Categories (must cook all 4 to qualify for overall place awards): Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket
- Meat not provided, and must follow KCBS rules for no pre-seasoning/injecting and will be subject to inspection upon check in
- Competitors are required to use their own smoker, secret rubs, spices, and injections
- All cooking has to be done on site.
- Participants must provide all equipment used for prepare and cooking.
- Turn In Times:
- Chicken: 12 pm
- Rib: 12:30 pm
- Pork: 1 pm
- Brisket: 1:30 pm
- TEAMS WILL OBSERVE ALL FOOD AND HEALTH SANITATION REQUIREMENTS
- Pay outs each day are:
2017 KCBS Payouts.pdf (30.8 KB)
- Scoring based off KCBS rules
- Per KCBS NO unauthorized cookers will be allowed i.e. Electric Smoker
Please contact us at MankatoCookout@gmail.com if you have questions.